Saturday, December 31, 2011

The year in review

The year of 2011 is rapidly coming to a close and with only five hours left, I have been reflecting on everything that has happened during the past twelve months.  There have been both good and bad times like any given year, yet there have also been many moments that will stay with me forever.

 I have had the privelage to watch my Creator work in my life and I am in complete awe of Him. Surrendering everything to the Lord and trusting Him even when there seems to be no hope has been the hardest and yet greatest thing I have ever done. When the Lord makes promises, He keeps them. As I look through my prayer journal I can count each answered prayer and  blessing that He has bestowed upon me. To see God's hand reach down and put the puzzle pieces of my life together is the most humbling experience. There are still pieces to the puzzle that are waiting to find a place in my life, but I am no longer worried. I know that my Creator has a perfect plan for me and that He will reveal that plan to me in time. 

Throughout this year  I have also realized just how important friendship is.  I have the most amazing friends in the world!  Each one is such an incredible blessing to my life, I cannot even begin to explain how much they mean to me. 

I have learned that blessings do come through raindrops and healing from tears.  I have also learned that there is nothing more fulfilling than giving my everything to the Lord and letting Him take complete controll of my life.  I have a new passion burning inside of me.  I am tired of laying low and staying comfortable with my faith.  I am ready to take on new challenges and my desire is to make an impact on the world for Christ.  This is my mission for the new year.  Who is with me??

Philippians 3:13-14~ Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,  I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment